ALL ABOUT THE CRATER LITERARY FESTIVAL
The Crater Literary Festival is an annual gathering of writers, readers, publishers, artists and art aficionados in Enugu, South-east Nigeria. The Crater Literary Festival features a variety of presentations and readings by authors, spoken word artists, poets, and theatre groups.
Panel discussions covering fiction, non-fiction, comics, libraries, and publishing are designed to provide an intellectual and academic focus for the participants.
The festival is free and open to all but participants are encouraged during online registration to bring a book for donation to the library (we love to use libraries as our festival venue so as to gain them publicity).
The first edition was held on 2nd December 2017, while the second edition is coming up on 7-8 December, 2018.
The primary objective is to promote budding local authors in the south-east, connect them with established authors for mentorship, and publishers for publishing opportunity.
Objectives of the festival
- To organize, arrange and hold an annual The Crater Literary Festival;
- To promote local authors and provide a platform where they can connect with global publishers;
- To build a connection between budding authors and established authors for mentorships and collaborations.
- To promote reading culture and foster love for literature and arts in southeast Nigeria;
- To conserve and promote an awareness of the rich cultural heritage of southeast Nigeria with focus on literature, arts, music, dance, and theatre.
- To promote and gain publicity for libraries in Enugu through book donations made by participants during festival registration.
The Crater Literary Festival attracts literate and educated participants with reasonable disposable income.
The audience comprises of teens (usually secondary school teen writers), college and university students, youths in professional careers, middle-aged, and retired persons.
The first edition which was held on December 2nd,2017 at the Enugu State Library Board lawn, welcomed authors such as Abigail Anaba, Nnamdi Anyadu, and Chinyere Anoke. Enugu premier publisher and Manager of Abic bookshop − Mr. C.N.C Asomugha, plus many more were also present.
We aim to bring the best of today’s writers, artists and best publishers to the event. We look forward to resurrecting south east Nigeria as a nationally recognised powerhouse of creativity, innovation, and discovery.
Interested in sponsoring or partnering with us?
If you are a like-minded organisation or business interested in enabling us to stage this ambitious festival and ensure its place as a landmark cultural event for south-east and Nigeria, then please consider supporting us as a Sponsor or Partner.
We will be delighted to hear from you.For more information about our sponsorship packages or to discuss other opportunities, please contact: